Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Appointments Appointments Appointments

There used to be a time when I loved to always be on the go. Since I've gotten older and we had kids I mostly would rather just stay home. It isn't so much that I don't like to go places. I like to take the kids to the zoo, to the park, pretty much anywhere fun. It's the grocery shopping, doctor appointments and other "necessary" running that I don't like to do. Since Mike had surgery back in August and we were dealing with his many appointments and the stress that goes with being off work (even if it is workers comp) I had put off making some of the many appointments we were all due for. So, since we are close to Mike going back to work I decided to make all the appointments.
Over the past couple of weeks and the weeks coming it seems like all we are doing is running.

First, it started out with me having to go to the Dr for strep throat and bronchitis. A week later Kenna ended up with an ear infection and strep throat. That same day Luke and I had eye doctor appointments and Mike had PT. My prescription has remained about the same for about the last 4 years. I have some mild far sightedness and an astigmatism. I'm looking forward to my new glasses so the glare from driving at night and in the sun doesn't bother me quite as much. We found out the Luke, on the other hand, hasn't been using his left eye at all. He is so far sighted in his left eye that his right has compensated to the point that he doesn't use his left at all. So we have started patching his right eye for a while each day to strengthen his left eye. We should get his glasses in either the end of this week of the beginning of next week. His initial prescription will only be a fraction of his end prescription.

Yesterday the kids had dentist appointments. McKenna had a hard time at first, but then settled in and did just fine. Luke doesn't even need me by his side. He does great. Both check ups turned out good. No cavities for either one. Though we will probably be needing to an orthodontist in the next year because Kenna's teeth have a lot of crowding.

Next week Mike has a dentist appointment and McKenna has a speech evaluation with the cleft clinic at Children's hospital on Tuesday. On Wednesday mike has his next follow up with the surgeon. Then hopefully he'll be back to work. We both think he's ready.

A couple of weeks after that Kenna has a follow up with her ENT to check her tube placement and check her hearing again.

The end on February or the beginning of march Luke will see the eye doctor to get his glasses adjusted. Hopefully that will be the end of our run of "necessary" appointments. I really would just be having some fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment