Friday, December 31, 2010

Looking back over the last ten years.

As we leave 2010 and start a new decade, I decided to take a cue from a friend of mine on Facebook and try to do a quick summation of the last ten years. James is using his status to summarize each of the past 10 years in 5 words or less. I may not be able to keep each year to 5 words, but I will keep it short.

2001 - College Graduation, Moved to MN, 9/11, Met Mike
2002 - Got engaged, Bought house, Scooby, RIP Jim (Mike's dad)
2003 - Got married, Zoe, Mike shoulder surgery #1
2004 - My Sister got married, RIP Grandpa Johnson, Got pregnant
2005 - McKenna and Lucas were born, Mike's mom got remarried
2006 - I changed jobs
2007 - Mike turned 30, My 10-year class reunion, Found out about Kenna's cleft palate
2008 - First vacation since getting married (Vegas), Kenna got ear tubes, I turned 30, Replaced
my 13 year-old Grand Prix, RIP Grandma Pearson, Mike had appendectomy, RIP
Grandpa Zweber
2009 - Mike helped my dad replace our back deck, bought 1962 Galaxie, (pretty uneventful
year)
2010 - Kids turned 5, Kenna got second set of tubes, RIP Scooby, Kids started Kindergarten, Mike had shoulder surgery #2

Now as we are about to enter the new year, we are happy to know that Mike will be returning to work after being off for just over 4 months. The kids a growing by leaps and bounds, loving school and making great friends. We look forward to spending more time with family and friends. It is exciting to see where we started 10 years ago and is amazing to think of who we may be 10 years from now.

I pray that everyone have a very happy and healthy 2011 and that the next 10 years brings everyone as much happiness as we have experienced over the 10 years.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment