Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Reconnecting

Tonight I am a happy girl. Why? Well, I few years ago a really good friend (I'll call her X) and I had somewhat of a falling-out. What happened? That isn't really something I want to rehash here, but I definately learned from the experience. The result? We haven't spoken in 5 years. Though I have thought about her frequently since we stopped speaking.

Well, recently I noticed that she was on face book, so I decided to try once more to put a hand out an see if she would take it. I have to say I was really scared that she wouldn't accept my friend request. She did. We messaged back and forth a few times with the result being me giving her my phone numbers and the option to call me if she wanted. She said she would call me soon. I'm sure she was nervous about calling. I would have been if it would have been the other way around.

Yesterday I got a phone call from an friend of mine who actually stopped speaking to X about the same time that I did. The three of us had been part of the same group of friends when we were in junior high and high school. Anyway, my friend told me that a guy we had all known when we were in high school had been killed in a car accident. She wanted me to get a hold of X and let her know because she had spent a lot of time with the guy. So, I wrote X a message on facebook and told her I had some bad news that she needed to know and that she should call me ASAP.

She called this afternoon and left a message. I called her back to let her know what had happened. We ended up having a very good conversation and plan to get together next week. There is a lot we need to talk about and a lot that couldn't be said over the phone. Death should never come to someone so young (he was only 30 or 31) but, I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. If this death caused X and I to reconnect earlier than what would have happened otherwise, then his death may have had a purpose. He will be missed by many.

No comments:

Post a Comment