Sunday, May 11, 2008

First Good Mother's Day Ever

I should at least says it's the first good one since I have become a mother.
- My first mother's day was the day before the kids were born. I was on bedrest and Mike was bright enough to utter the words "You aren't a mom yet."
- My second mother's day was spent throwing up. Yep we all got roto-virus and Luke and I went to ER and spent the night in the hospital. The next morning Mike made his trip to ER before bringing us home.
- My third mother's day was last year. I don't remember what happened, but I know last year the thought crossed our minds to celebrate mother's day on a different day because so far they hadn't been good.

This year was good. We talked to my mom in the morning to wish her a Happy Mother's Day. Then for lunch we went to Red Robin at my request. After Red Robin we made a visit to the zoo for a couple of hours and then to the park to play for another hour or so. After we go home the kids each took short naps. Tonight I totally got out of bath time. Mike gave his first full baths ever. He's getting brave! Now it is about 8:00 and we are watching Cinderella II then the kids will be off to bed.

It truly has been a great day. I love days like this. Days with no real plans. Days we play it by ear but spend every minute enjoying family time.

Amy

P.S. I'll try to get up some pics fron the kids' birthday soon

No comments:

Post a Comment