Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy 6th Birthday, McKenna and Lucas!

Before a person has children it is hard to understand how every year moms can recall every detail leading up to and during the birth of their children.  Well, today my babies turned six and I remember every detail of that day.  If your interested, you can read about it here.

Today started out with a boom.  We woke to a pretty good thunderstorm and even had some weather sirens.  Then it was off to school as usual.  Every morning the kids' school has a short news program put on by some of the 5th graders (I think).  During that news program they recognize the children who have birthdays that day.  Today McKenna and Luke were that lucky two.  Then, their classmates sang "Happy Birthday".  I even got some good news at school today.  McKenna has gone from a reading level 1 to a reading level 3. 

After school, we headed to Chuck E Cheese.  The kids had a great time playing games and riding the little kids rides.  Of course we came home with the necessary cheap toys.

Next on the agenda was a visit from their Grandma Judy and Grandpa Vic.  They opened a few gifts.  Since we had cake for their birthday party, we opted to pick up some cupcakes for today.  We sang "Happy Birthday"m had our cupcakes and Grandma and Grandpa headed home.  The rest of the afternoon was spent playing with their gift.

I know that every year we comment on where the year has gone and how we can't believe they are growing up so fast.  Yes, that is true.  The year has gone fast and some days I wish they would stay little forever.  On the other hand, it is some much fun to watch them learn and grow.  I love being able to have real conversations with them.  I love that they have an AWESOME bond and an excited to see where that bond takes them.  I love when I can see glimpses the young adults they are going to be someday.  I love that some days I am Mom and other days I'm Mama or Mommy.  There are so many things I love about this age. 

Happy Birthday, Kiddos!  I love you.







No comments:

Post a Comment