Tuesday, August 9, 2011

August already?

I can't believe that it is August already and that 4 weeks from now McKenna and Lucas will be snoozing away after finishing their first day of first grade, but we'll get to that later.

This month started of on a sad note. Mike's Uncle Terry past away at the age of 53 after suffering brain damage due to a sudden cardiac arrest while on vacation with his wife a three sons.  The was a great man and will be missed.

Saturday,  I spent the day making a checkerboard cake.  I have owned the pans for years and just finally decided to utilize them.  I even made my own butter cream.  A first for me.

Sunday, the kids and I spent 4 hours at the zoo with my friend Tammy and her son.  We all live such busy lives that it's hard to find time to get together.  It was great getting to spend some time catching up and watching our kids together.

The past few days have been spent catching up on some housework and trying to get the kids motivated to clean their playroom and bedroom. 

Three weeks left in this month and I'm sure we'll find a way to fill them.  We have trip to Brainerd planned to spend a few days with Mike's step-family.  It's a yearly trip that Mike, Kenna and I missed last year due to Mike's shoulder surgery.  Then we meet the kids' first grade teacher, Mrs Tam, so she can do some testing to evaluate where their reading abilities are.  The last day of the month will bring us to their open house at school.

Normally people get sad when their child enters kindergarten.  I didn't.  I think it was because they were only in school half day and they didn't ride that bus.  This year my babies are truly off to school ... all day, every day and on the bus.  But that's more of a different month.

No comments:

Post a Comment